Saturday, May 24, 2014

Back Again! By Maddie Laiche

I didn't think when I stepped onto my plane in Concepcion in 2012 that I would ever see this beautiful country again. But fortunately I was wrong! My second time in Chile has been awesome so far. My host family this year consists of three beautiful girls: Nicole, Francie, and Vicky.



These girls have opened their arms to me and have won my heart! So much so that I do not mind that Vicky, the 5 year old, wants to watch Barbie with me 24/7.

 
She also loves to steal my bed haha!

Because I am teaching the younger grades, Vicky and I get to spend more time together in the mornings. She gets so excited when I get to ride with her on the bus to school.



This week has gone smoothly this week because of my translator, Ingrid. Without her, I do not know if I would have been able to understand the expectations of my teachers. I am extremely excited to plan a lesson with Ingrid for the upcoming week!




















This week has been a wonderful start to my second experience in Chile and I cannot wait to see what the next three weeks have in store!

1 comment: