Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mi Familia es Hermosa

Jai Jackson
(My Family)

It's been 24 hours since the journey began and I'm more and more happy with my decisions to come to Chilé (cue 'Happy' by Pharrel). Missy Elliot said it best and 'I can't stand the rain' but it gives me more time to spend with my family. I believe the funniest part is our time around the table conversing and the pauses so we can each type into our devices and await the translation. 
Let me be one of the many who preach the benefits of being bilingual. Not speaking a different language is like living on a desert island and not knowing how to swim (I can't swim either btw). But just like any family, we're making it work for us. 

My host Papa has worked for the government for a number of years in the Department of Energy so we've been discussing sustainable energy practices and and opportunities. He is working on several projects and I feel compelled to do my part (no more long showers). 
Breakfast has been new experiences but great food. I feel more and more at home each hour and I'm even going to meet the grandparents today for lunch (wish me luck). 
I'm trying not to corrupt the children but I did bring some John Singleton movies with me (anybody remember Boyz in the Hood) and even better... IN SPANISH! Mind... Blown!

In the words of the immortal Don Cornelius... Peace, Love, and SOOOUUUUUULLLLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment