Friday, May 30, 2014

The Natural Beauty of Chile by Jai Jackson


Amit Ray stated, “Beauty is the purest feeling of the soul. Beauty arises when soul is satisfied.” To see the sunset on the beach in Tome is true beauty. The sound of the waves crashing against the beach, the feel of salty breeze, and the sight of the sun disappearing beneath the horizon is hypnotic. 
Sunset in Tome, Chile 

 The seafood is absolutely amazing in Dichato and it actually is FRESH! No more false claims of fresh seafood muddying the waters. While in the area you could see the fishing vessels returning to port with their hauls. My family (not pictured: Clemente and Rodrigo) and I enjoyed several fresh seafood empanadas and fresh clams. I love the seafood in Louisiana but I may have had a change of heart because of the food, the wine, and the people.

My family has been nothing but amazing since I arrived. We've taken trips all over the area, eaten some of the most amazing food (Papa is an amazing cook), and seen some pretty amazing things. At this point, I'm about a week away from having to leave for Santiago and each day it gets harder and harder. I've grown accustomed to the lifestyle here with my family and I've integrated myself into their routine and familial structure. I'm going to miss my family:(

Fresh Seafood Empanadas in Dischato, Chile

The dogs in the area also enjoy the beauty of the sunset and and feeling of sand between their toes. I think he was waiting for the return of a long lost love.







No comments:

Post a Comment