Monday, May 26, 2014

Kelvin Jones: Greetings from the Top of the World....


View from the side of the house, when the sky is clear you can see the Andes mountains, this picture does not do the view justice though

This past weekend I had the opportunity to relax in the amazing hills and mountains of Quillan, Chile, about 75 kilometers outside of Concepcion in the country. As you can see from the pictures below that the scenery was simply amazing! While here we BBQ-d every night, watched the Soccer finals with Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid, and watch the Game 3 of the Miami Heat basketball game.... Again all in Español. I also played a little soccer while here.... Let's just say I am a bit out of shape, lol.



Pool in the back yard... Clearly by my attire, I was not swimming


"This is how we do it"


Another shot of the yard in the country... Simple amazing!



I even had a chance to eat at a German influenced restaurant and had a soup made of chicken broth with an egg inside (simply delicious). While there the restaurant is known for making a lot of foods in house and we had this ice cream that was very good. I'm not a big sweets person but I'd go back for that ice cream.


Ice Cream... Swirl

Don't remember the name of this but it was finger lickin' good

It was hard to say goodbye to this 2nd home, but it just gives me more of a reason to come back to visit with my wife in the summer months. Another reason this house was so great was the family dog that stays there named 'Quinn' in English. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not too fond of animals (just ask my wife), but this dog has totally changed my perspective. She was such a sweetheart! I have to get one now (dang Chile for making me like dogs, lol).

I'm going to miss this beautiful pet.... Such a sweetheart



Back in the regular life of working at the school (which is why I am here right), things have been going much better. I guess it just took a while to get into the flow of things but I believe Colin and I are started to find our groove. We have been asked to perform in numerous occasions with the students and started being fully integrated with the class instruction of the students. On Wednesday I am playing with 4 different groups during the music program and will play on 3 more occasions for the big English Song Festival on June 5th (I know, we are a big deal here, lol). One thing I am totally getting used to is the homemade pizza begin made by my Chilean 'mom' here. She reminds me soooooooooooo much of my actual mom back in the states that its not even funny. She has a heart of gold and I am so lucky to be in here company and house while here!

My Chilean Mom and myself

Homemade Pizza baby!

Cutting up again with some colleagues.... #Chao!






No comments:

Post a Comment