Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Chilean" and Relaxin' in Concepcion by Jaclyn Tregle

This first week has been everything I could imagine and more. I love my family as my own. They have taken me under their wing and are taking great care of me. Not only do they feed me REALLY well, they make sure I am safe and have everything I need. 
Mi Familia: Maria Luisa, Felipe, y Alberto

Mi casa bonita
On weekdays, we have a Nana that cleans and makes lunch for me and Felipe to eat. As soon as we walk in the door after school, food is hot and ready to eat. Every lunch looks similar to this picture below. There is always salad with either tomatoes, beets, or other fruit or vegetables in the center. 
Lunch
On May 21st, Chileans celebrate winning the Battle of Iquique in the Pacific War in 1879. Schools are closed and most people are off of work. They take this day to recognize their navy. On this day, my family and I visited their friends' house to have a BBQ. This family is actually Emily's LoCoco's family, so we all got together and enjoyed delicious sausages and desserts and had lovely conversations. 
Mike is waiting for his sausage hot dog. 
Since we were all off of school and work, my mom and Felipe and I went to a lake in San Pedro. I had a great time taking pictures of the great scenery. 

 The next day at school, the second graders performed a skit and presentation to describe what happened in 1879. 
Second graders perform a skit.

 Lastly, I wanted to acknowledge all the new friends I have made so far. The translators are awesome and extremely helpful. They are making sacrifices to help us out, which takes up most of their time. Jasna is my personal translator and she is a very outspoken person, which works out, because I tend to be a little shy. We got the privilege to visit the campus of the University of Concepcion. There are many stray dogs in Concepcion, but they are mostly friendly. 
Can you tell which one is Jasna?

Overall, I am loving my time here in Concepcion. I am always entertained and surrounded by loving people. It definitely has that "homey" feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment