Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Little Piece of Santiago by Maddie Laiche

Leaving Concepcion was extremely hard because of the strong bond I had with my host family, but with that came an opportunity to create another long-lasting bond with my family in Santiago! I was in love with Santiago from the moment that I laid my eyes on those Andes! Maybe it is because I miss the mountains in Colorado, but see the Andes made me feel right at home. My family was very generous and took me on a tour of Santiago. We went up to the one of the largest national parks in South America. The views were amazing!!
The tallest building in Chile


We then proceeded to downtown Santiago, where we took a short tour of the Chilean government building. There I saw the "orange patio" and two cannons that were named "Furious" and "Lightening" that were built in the 1700s. 


I already am in love with this city and cannot wait to see what this week has to offer!





No comments:

Post a Comment