Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Day in Lota by Maddie Laiche

My host dad is a miner in Santiago, so today we took a trip to Lota to see the coal mining museum. It was a very interesting trip because I was given the opportunity to learn more about the history of his career.  On our tour I learned that Matias Cousino was one of the founders of mining in Chile.

Matia Cousino
I also learned that Lota was the third city in South America to have electrical lighting.

These are a few of the items used for the lighting
We then walked around a park, which was the backyard of the Cousino family house. It was beyond beautiful! At the end of the park was a wonderful view of the ocean. It was nice to just sit and look at the view while listening to the tranquil sound of the crashing waves. 

So beautiful! 

This was definitely a day that I will never forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment