Sunday, June 8, 2014

The World Is Not Flat by Jai Jackson

My time in Concepcion has come to an end and I hate to see it go. In the three weeks that I've had the pleasure of falling in love with this beautiful city and it's residents, I've grown closer to becoming a truly global citizen. The world is only as large as you choose to live and the tiny slice that I've experienced has opened my eyes. The world is far from flat and is absolutely beautiful. 

The Andes Mountains
In my 2+ decades on this world I have yet to truly have a hard time saying goodbye. On this morning I had to say my farewells to what has become my family. My two brothers (Diego and Clemente), and my mama and papa (Johanna and Rodrigo) have taught me so much over the last three weeks. They've been patient with my language issues, fed me well (I gained weight!), and taught me so much about Chile and it's amazing heritage and traditions.  

Rodrigo, Me, and Diego at the Airport (CCP)
 If I could break into a Boys to Men montage right now, it would be perfect. I spent the morning singing, "It's so hard to say goodbye" and I may have dropped a couple tears. I'm off to the next journey in Santiago where I will tackle second grade! But don't worry... I'll be back.

It's time to go-go
 As always, Diego is eating. Here we're in Tacahuano visiting the Sea Lions on the pier as well as the famed ship captured from Peru, The Huascar. 
Talchahuano, Chile
 This is the capsule that aided in saving the trapped Chilean miners. It was created by the Chilean Navy.
The Capsule used to save the trapped Chilean Miners

Clemente wearing the buff I bought him

No comments:

Post a Comment