Monday, June 9, 2014

It's not goodbye, it's see ya later!

While sitting here thinking about the last 3 weeks in Concepcion, there are all kinds of emotions running through my head. Every person I came into contact with made me feel as if I was at home. The school personnel were amazing with everything they did. They made sure that we got on the right buses when we were running around confused as to where we needed to be going. The administrators even took the time on the last day to show us many things about Chile that we did not know before. They prepared an authentic Chilean day of festivities including lots of yummy food and entertainment. We were able to see the Cueca, which is the national dance of Chile. It was nice to spend time with all of the administrators as well as our fellow LSU students and teachers. 

Jaclyn, Maddie, Mrs. Denny, Jordan, and myself at the lunch with the administrators

I couldn't have asked for a better host family. They included me in every family activity as their own including dinner at home and even running errands as a family. It didn't hit me how much I would actually miss my family until the cocktail hour with our families on Thursday night. My family repeatedly told me multiple times how I was welcome back into their home anytime I wanted. My parents also told me how I would always be their child, and my sister told me I was the sister that she never had. My family will always hold a small piece of my heart. 

My hipster sister and I

My amazing host family

My teachers were also amazing. Miss Fabiola and Miss Carolina took me under their wings and I was able to learn many things from them. Miss Fabiola is an English teacher so it was interesting to be able to compare English classes in the United States to what the English classes consist of here.  Miss Fabiola had me read many books to the students so that they could hear what a native English speaker sounds like. I can definitely say I saw improvement in the students reading throughout the 3 weeks. 

Maddie, Miss Fabiola, and myself

I left Concepcion on Saturday and will be in Santiago with a new host family and a new school. But everybody I met in Concepcion will always be in my heart. So I will leave you with this, it's not Goodbye Concepcion, it is see ya later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment