Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week 2 Loving it!!-By Morgan Walker

Best hot chocolate ever! Yum
Week two has been a blast and has definitely gone by fast. Last weekend my Mom and I spent the day downtown shopping! We stopped to get some coffee and hot chocolate because it was so chilly outside. Then we met up with the rest of the family to grab some lunch.

Ximena and I shopping downtown Concepcion 
I went to two concerts put on buy the students and let me say they really have some talent! The first concert was at our school San Pedro and the second concert was at the University of San Sebastian.


Students performing at the University of San Sebastian

On Friday Amaris and I put on a short Zumba class for the students. It was so fun! The students seemed to really enjoy it too. Later we went to a park to plant trees with the local boy and girl scouts. My group was awesome. We planted three trees and it was not easy but they made it look easy.

Zumba! -San Pedro 




It's Zumba time!-Amaris and I
This weekend I went to a wedding with my family in Penco, Chile. Ximena's brother was getting married. The ceremony was very similar to one from the states. It was a beautiful wedding they both looked very happy. I'm felt honored to have been invited to celebrate this special occasion with them. The food at the reception was really good. It was my first time eating ceviche and it will not be my last! The fish here is so fresh. 

On Sunday we took a trip to Dichato, Chile for lunch. We ate more really fresh seafood and then took some pictures by the beach. Alejandro showed me what use to be their vacation house before the Tsunami took it away in 2010. His parents built the house when they were dating as teens. It was really sad to see the devastation from the Tsunami and to know that all of that family history was gone.

On the beach in Dichato, Chile
 
Alejandro put up a sign with the house address marking the spot where there house was.


Being silly with my brothers at the restaurant it Dichato, Chile
Having a great time. I cant wait to see what next week will bring. 




No comments:

Post a Comment