Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Long Road Home by Jai Jackson

After four weeks, 1 day, and 2 hours I've finally set forth on the journey back to the states and back home. I never knew that such a short stay could leave such a lasting impression on me. In my time in Chile, I've made several amazing friends, been adopted into two families, and fallen in love with a country and culture unlike my own. I've also begun to really like soccer too! 

The Southern Cross School and LSU

The faculty and staff of the Southern Cross School welcomed the LSU Tigers into their school with very open arms. I had an amazing time with the students, faculty, and staff and each one left lasting impressions on me. 
A special thank you to Paula, my host teacher. She was a very experienced, knowledgable, amazing teacher who taught me more than I could have imagined about teaching, classroom management, and relationship building. I will definitely miss our daily conversations and the random laughs at the expense of my horrible spanish. 

Jai, Kenny, Paula, School Psychologist, and Ken

Several fond memories, experiences, and opportunities that I will never forget. I met some great people, ate some delicious food, and learned about a far off place. The beauty of Chile is only improved by the kindness of the people and the openness of the culture. I can't wait for my next excursion to this beautiful land and hopefully by then I'll know more Spanish than I do now.

Nick, Jai, and Ken
A big thank you to all of the other participants, Ken, Margaret, and Kenny for being great partners in our exploration of Chile. We stumbled a few times but we never allowed any of us to fall. We started together as 25 strangers and left as 25 friends/family members. I can't wait to see you all stateside and I look forward to many new adventures with you all.

Until next time... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment