Friday, June 6, 2014

A Whole Different World by Gabby Velez

I can't believe that it is already Tuesday of our last week here in Concepcion! Time has flown by crazy fast while we have been here. I feel as if we only met our classes for the first time yesterday. Between time with my family and time with the kiddos at school, the past few weeks have flown by.

This week with my family was tons of fun with plenty of family time and conversation. Life here in Chile is completely different than what I am used to at home. In the United States I have lived on my own since I was 18, so it is a different lifestyle than what I am currently living in Chile. As most college students know, you don't always get to eat the best food. We basically live off of frozen food and Ramen noodles, so it is quite nice to have home cooked food for EVERY meal. Everything is fresh and tastes delicious! My family asked me what my favorite type of food was and I said Mexican food. The next day we had delicious tacos with all kinds of yumminess packed in. Plus, we have sweets with every meal. No complaining from this girl. Also, after having lived on my own for so long, it is nice to come home to family after a long day. Family time is a very large aspect of the Chilean culture so they spend as much as they can with family. We have filled every night with tons of yummy food and family time.

Last weekend was a very relaxing one in our house. We spent Saturday with family and on Sunday we went to Llacolén for lunch. The best way to describe it is a Chilean country club. There are tons of activities to do including soccer fields, tennis courts, pool, playground, restaurant and many other things. We spent the afternoon there where we had lunch and then got to partake in some beautiful scenery.




No comments:

Post a Comment