Friday, June 6, 2014

Farewell Chile! By: Emily LoCoco

Well guys, this is it. The end has finally come. It's so crazy how quick this trip has past, but time flies when you're having fun, right? I'm going to miss my family so much, especially since we have become so close! This trip was incredibly fun, and I have made so many memories with so many amazing people!

This past Sunday my family and I went to visit the Huáscar ship. It was extremely cold especially since we were on the shore, so it was very windy! We took a raft to get to the beautiful ship! We took a tour around the ship, and I learned a lot! After we toured the ship we went to Lenga. We ate a delicious meal for lunch at a restaurant in the town then we went to the shore where people were selling scarves, hats, sweaters, and other goodies. 
On the bow of the Huáscar with Rocio
Lenga Concepcion
On June 3rd, we went to dinner with our teachers and translators. It was a great bonding experience to get to hang out and talk with our teachers and translators outside of school. The food was very delicious, and the restaurant was absolutely gorgeous! I got to spend time with one of my favorite teachers, whose name is Amanda. Amanda has taught me so much since I have been in Chile, and she has become one of my best friends! Hopefully she will be able to visit me some time this year in the U.S. so that I can share my culture with her!
Amanda and I!
Today, June 5th, we went and ate with some faculty from both Campus Villa and Campus Huertos. We had a lot of delicious grilled food such as steak, chicken, and longaniza. We played many games such as limbo and musical chairs together. We really enjoyed our time together and had a blast! That night the school was putting on their second annual English song festival. Students came from schools all around the country and performed! It was very interesting to watch all these amazing performances! After the song festival, we had a cocktail party with all of our families. We presented them a certificate for being a part of this great program. We then all gave a speech to each of our families to tell them goodbye and how thankful we were for everything they have done for us these past three weeks and making us feel as part of their family.
Rocio, Malila, myself, and
Francisco (one of my amazing teachers that I worked with)
at the cocktail party
This trip was filled with many memories that I will cherish forever... it's not a goodbye, it's see ya later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment