Monday, June 9, 2014

Can't Believe It's Over By: Allison Bohn


I’m sitting here in the Dallas airport waiting for the last leg of flight back home and I still can’t believe this trip is over. It has been an amazing three weeks. Although I am excited to see my friends and family, I am not quite ready for my trip to be over.
My amazing family!
I had such an amazing family and I cannot thank them enough for making me feel as though I was a part of their family. It will be weird to go home to just my mom and dad and not five other people. It will definitely be much quieter without Pablo singing and Ian playing guitar.  I really hope that I will get to see them again some day.
Some of the LSU students.
Before the trip I was told that I would make a strong connection with my host family but I didn’t realize that I would become good friends with the other LSU students on the trip. I am definitely going to miss all the laughs we shared throughout the past three weeks.
My math teacher Fabiola and me with my engraved mug she gave me.
            Telling my fifth grade class goodbye was very hard. The kids latched onto me and did not want me to leave. I will miss my wonderful teachers who opened up their classrooms and made me feel very welcome in the school.
Playing musical chairs with the school's principal. 
This week was very busy and filled with lots of events. We had a wonderful dinner with our host teachers and translators. The school had an English Song Festival where students from numerous schools came and competed against one another. My brother Pablo sang in the concert and did an excellent job. Ivania also performed with the dance class and did a great job as well. On Friday we spent the day playing several different games with students from the school, which was tons of fun.
I am really going to miss Chile and all the people I met while I was there. I wish time had gone by slower, but I guess it is true that time flies when you’re having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment